Re: Semantic packet queue and ack prioritisation

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:57:53 BST, Sean Murphy wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was having some problems with ACK compression in my simulation and I
>decided to implement a system in which the ACK packets get prioritisation
>over the data packets. This seemed to alleviate the problem. While looking
>through the ns-code I came across the semantic packet queue, which seems
>to do the same thing. I guess somebody has looked at this before. Are
>there any reports available describing this?

One reference is:

H. Balakrishnan, V.N. Padmanabhan, S. Seshan, and R.H. Katz.
  A Comparison of Mechanisms for Improving TCP Performance over Wireless Links.
  In Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM '96, pp. 256-269.
  Stanford, CA, ACM.
  August, 1996.

   -John Heidemann