Re: Running tests on NS-2

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:53:54 PDT, "Kartik Sudeep" wrote:

>I have installed ns-2 on my Win 95 machine. I have also installed PERL and
>Cygwin.
>
>I wish to run a particular test from the given test files. The test runs
>with the following error, even though the all.tr and all.nam files are
>generated fine. (However, temp.rands is not generated correctly).

>BASH.EXE-2.02$ ./ns tcl/test/test-suite-red.tcl red1
>
>0/cwnd=1.0000/ssthresh=15/ack=-1
>5/cwnd=40.7922/ssthresh=15/ack=732
>
>ns: _o4 cleanup file60 red1: Can't open red1: No such file or directory
>    while executing
>"exec $PERL bin/getrc -s 2 -d 3 all.tr |  $PERL bin/raw2gp -g -a -s 0.01 -m
>90 $file > temp.rands"
>    (procedure "_o4" line 11)
>    (TestSuite finish line 11)
>    invoked from within
>"$self finish $testname"
>    (procedure "_o4" line 11)
>    (TestSuite cleanup line 11)
>    invoked from within
>"_o4 cleanup file60 red1"

>Can someone please explain why the above error occurs ?

I doubt anyones tried your setup before.
You might try running the exec line by hand
(make sure that $PERL is correctly set and runs correctly).
OTOH, the error message indicates some other problem...
maybe something about your setup makes the test suite get
confused about which directory it's in.

>Also, what is the correct way to use Gnuplot instead of xgraph on Windows ?

There is no "correct" way, but can more-or-less use raw2gp rather than
raw2xp.  (But they're not guaranteed to be completely compatbile.)

>Is there any code (like awkCode in the test file) to parse the all.tr file,
>such that Gnuplot can use the parsed data file ?

Yes, ~ns-2/bin/raw2gp (takes all.tr => gnuplot).

   -John Heidemann