Re: Ns on SCO Unix

> Or is it just to wade through the usuall amount of problems associated
> with any ns installation

Have to say that I, for one, had no problems with ns installation (the
2.1b5-allinone), and a number of the problems that I've seen posted to the
mailing list have been related to other components of the system (tcl in
particular), or peoples inability to diagnose basic compiler/linker
configuration problems, rather than ns itself (I suppose autoconf should
catch most of the latter, but ns is not a commercial product - people
don't have time to polish it as much as they like, I'm sure).

I did have a problem with 2.1b6-current of some time ago, which I reported
to the list, but since this is a snapshot and not a release, I was
half-expecting some problems.

Only a minority of mail on the mailing list is related to installation,
and a significant amount of that is ms-windows related, and since ns
wasn't designed on windows and uses a number of components that also were
designed with a unix focus, this is not surprising. So, I think that many
people can install ns without difficulty.

I think ns is a good tool provided free of charge, and I appreciate the
efforts of the development team.

Sean.

-----
Sean Murphy,			Email: [email protected]