Installation problems II

Hi,
I installed the ns-2.1b5a successfully. Then I downloaded a latest
snap-shot. I copied all the files from  ns-2.1b6-current to
ns-allinone-2.1b5/ns-2.1b5. Agian I installed (using ./install). I got an
error during the first run. The error was :
STRTOI64_FMTSTR not defined. I found that the macro has not got defined.
I added the following lines in ns-allinone-2.1b5/ns-2.1b5/config.h

#ifndef STRTOI64
#define STRTOI64 strtol
#endif

#ifndef  STRTOI64_FMTSTR
#define STRTOI64_FMTSTR "%ld"
#endif

After the inclusion of this code , I was able to install it without
problems.

Is it correct to add this piece of code ?

Thanks in Advance
Balaji N V