Re: Classifier and Routing?

Sun,
	The classifier at a node is filled in ns-node.tcl, Node instproc
add-route; wich is called in ns-route.tcl's Simulator compute-flat-routes.
Concerning the classify() function, i 'm also trying to figure it out,
particularly the port classification: it seems classification happens on adress
and on port # at the same time? What if I need to access to different headers at
the same time to classify?

> From: K Sun <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Classifier and Routing?
> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:28:43 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
>

> Hello,
>      I am still confused with the relation between Classifier and
> Routing operation of ns, especially the operation of setting "slot"
> arrry.
>      Actually, I have carefully read the chapter about Unicast Routing,
> but I do not find where a function of routing fills the suitable
> handlers of links (or connectors) in the "slot[]" array.
>      I have not known the function classify well.
> As my understanding, the number of elements of slot[] array ( at
> least in Address Classifier according to Figure 5.1 on page 35) should
> be one more than the number of links which are attached to this node. I
> am not sure whether my understanding is right.
>      However, according to the code on page 40 and page 38, it seems
> the number of elements of "slot" arrary has should be the same as the
> number of nodes in topo because the classify function only shifts and
> masks the whole address (including node id and agent id).
>
>      Hope somebody may give me more implication on understanding
> classifier and routing!
>
>      Thanks in advance,
>
>      Sun Kai

Tarik