extending existing agents(SRM)

I have now created an agent(in C++) which is a subclass of SRMAgent, to
provide facilities for transmission of application level data. This does
not involve any large changes. As I would like to keep the changes simple,
I had hoped that my new class could utilize the tcl code written for it's
superclass. It does not seem to be quite so, as when testing my code I get
a few error messages which says "warning no class variable ......" which
apparently means that some of the variables inherited from SRMAgent
which is bound to tcl has not been instantiated. Some of them can be
sorted out by copying the appropriate lines for the Agent/SRM variables(in
 tcl/mcast/srm.tcl) and then changing the class name. But there are still
a few variables left(addr_, dst_, fid_, prio_, flags_, ttl, class_) which
does not seem obvious, where can I find the SRM initalisations of these
variables so that I can copy and modify them to my class. Or preferably,if
possible, how can I ensure that the (tcl) statements made for the SRM
 (in C++ SRMAgent) class has an effect on my class(which is a subclass of
the SRMAgent)

Tor Hval