2 bits room in packet header for private marking ?

Does anyone know if there is a 2bit room for private
marking in packet header ?  I am afraid using the
packet_t will confuse protocols' (such as TCP, UDP)
normal work (seems not likely because it also has many
other types like RTP which is based on UDP, but this
even increases my confusion -- can a TCP sink work
well when it receives a packet whose packettype field
is replaced with other strings ?).  Thanks.

Frank

=====