Best way to measure performance: throughput, delay, ...

Dear NS experts:

I also have similar questions to Carlos's. I used two different methods to
measure the throughput in the network, one is using flow monitor, the other
is using TraceApp as mentioned in April 1999's mailing list discussion. Both
have similar shape for throughput, but the one using TraceApp gets higher
throughput than the one using flow monitor. I cannot figure out why there is
difference here. Can someone please tell me what is the best way? I am also
interested in what is the best way to get packet delay and delay jitter.

Thanks a lot,
Huiwen