Range of router support.

Hi, ns users.

I have one question about router, which is very important to me.
While I implement protocol using ns-2, I have a big problem.

What I want to add a "function" of router is :
If a packet is droped, a router looks for the same packet in the
cache/buffer.
If it is still there, the router retransmits the packet.

so I want to know whether a router save some packet or not.
If so, how do I see that function....where is that?
If not, can I add that to router...where do I add?

Once I thought that I could get some information from a "routing table"
which maintains packet headers. And I saw the route.cc and
tcl/lib/ns-route.tcl.
However I couldn't find.

Could anyone give me a clue?
I appreciate.