ns performance and nfs

I use a linux station with my home
directory on a NFS disk.

If I use my directory to save the out.tr file
the time of the simulation is
ns wireless-mip-test.tcl  55,99s user 9,04s system 7% cpu 14:49,37 total

If I play the same simulation on the local /tmp
disk, the time of the simulation is
ns wireless-mip-test.tcl  55,82s user 1,19s system 84% cpu 1:07,86 total

Why is it like this ? Does ns wait for the write operation
to be finished ? Files are opened by tcl , but in which mode ?
I thougth that linux didn't make processes wait like this ?

It is really a problem with big simulations,
could somebody try this simulation to see
if it obtains the same results as me ?
(use "time ns wireless-mip-test.tcl" from ~/ns/tcl/ex)

Thanks,

--
Vera Mickael Stagiaire