Exponential Mobile Sources

Hi,

I have been trying to run a simulation of mobile nodes, using UDP, with
exponential ON/OFF packet sources.  However, if I set the bit rate of the
sources to a number greater than 1, and I have the tracing options
activated (CMU trace modules), NS crashes (it doesn't if the trace
modules are off -no MAC, no RTR, or AGT traces-).

If, on the other hand, I use CBR sources, NS runs the simulation without
problem. I'm using the "Special Snapshot" of May 4, since the daily
snapshot seems to have a missing "{" in ns-mobilenode.tcl.

Any ideas?

Also, I've been using the totals.pl Perl Script that comes with CMU
extensions, but the CMU trace modules (as they are) produce incorrect
results on a SUN Workstation.  I had to make some changes in the trace
modules so they produce results consistent with what totals.pl expects.
Anyone has a complete list of changes to cmu-trace.cc to make the outputs
compatible with totals.pl?

Thank you,

Roberto

Roberto D. Barnes