Re: When route is changing....?

Sun,

Simulation is essentially an abstraction of the real world.  It is
difficult, if not impossible, to duplicate what exactly happen in
the real world.  Usually, depending on what levels of details you care,
you make sure the modules you're using capture the essence.

Neither session routing nor DV work exactly like the real world in a sense
that session routing ignores the dynamics that could happen in the
transition of route changes and DV ignores processing time (and some other
timer details furhter specified in PIM DM or DVMRP docs).  Nevertheless,
session routing and DV are already of great help to a significant set of
research problems.

And, the causality problem I thought (not sure if Lloyd agrees) was that
session routing further abstracts away the transition details so that
the timing/ordering of packets might be different from the results of
DV.

hope this helps to clarify things a bit.
-Polly