Active networking in ns

Hello,

I am developing a new protocol to be used in active
networks (for an introduction to active networks,
see http://www.tns.lcs.mit.edu/activeware). The main
issue in active networks is that "active nodes" in
the path from the source to the destination might
do some (user-specified) additional processing on
the protocol packets.

I have written a new agent and I attach it to the
nodes I want to be active, but the problem is that
I am not sure on how to allow intermediate nodes
to process to packet.

For example, let's say I have the following simple
topology:

n0(src) ---- n1 ---- n2(dst)

I attach active agents to all the nodes (n0, n1, n2)
and then send a packet from n0 to n2. The problem is
that the agent at n1 won't see the packet. I guess
that I could modify classifier.cc so that my packets
are always evaluated at each node, but I would like
to know if there is any way to do this without
modifying ns itself too much. Any suggestion ?

Regards,
G.
--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia