Re: Some questions about LAN

Tarik Alj wrote:

Please see chapter 13 of the notes and documenetation.
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:33:39 +0900
> From: Kisoon Sung <[email protected]>
> To: ns users <[email protected]>
> Subject: Some questions about LAN
>
> Hi, all!!
>
> I have some questions about LAN in ns.
>
> 1. Maybe the link in ns LAN is half-duplex, is it OK?
What do you mean? nodes in a LAN are connected throught a channel, wich is a
shared segment. There is no "real" link (they are called Vlinks), they are used
to represent connectivity between nodes in the LAN.

Thank you your reply..
But yes, I know... My question means two nodes don't send packet at the same time because
LAN in ns is shared media, i.e if two nodes transmit packet collision occured..

> 2. And I made LAN. There are 8 node and two of them are source node.
>     I attached tcp and ftp at each source node and I scheduled that
> collision occured.
>     Source nodes transmit packet and sink node transmit ack and nack.
>     But I can't observe when collision occured,
>     when node retransmitted packets, when node transmitted ack and
> nack..
>     How can I observe them?
Are you using Mac or Mac/802_3? Mac/Csma/Cd is not supported anymore.

Yes, I used Mac/802_3... I see the flow of packet, ack and nack in graphic.
That I can't observe is exact time table.. When (What time) node retransmitted packets,
when node transmitted ack and nack.. I think the function of Monitor help that probably..

Please reply again...
Good bye!!

> 3. This is very  very important for me...
>     I must make star LAN, 10BaseT... Does ns support it? Or should I
> program it?

> --
> ****************************
> Chungnam national University