Re: classifier and routing

> From: "Huiwen Li" <[email protected]>
> To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
> Subject: classifier and routing
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:09:29 -0700
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about classifier and routing. As I understand, so long as
> the topology and the traffic sources and destinations are built, if I am
> using the default routing logic, static routing, then all the routing tables
> are built and the slot_ in the classifier is already filled. As discussed in
> some previous emails, the procedure Simulator instproc compute-flat-route in
> ns-route.tcl points the classifier to the next hop object, which is defined
> by the routing logic. If I am wrong here, please point out to me.
>
> In my case, I want to route the packets with flowid i to link i, which is
> like to differentiate these flows by their flow id. I am not sure how I can

Use a Hash/Fid classifier instead of the addr-classifier. This way you can
classify packets on a fid basis.

You don't change the routing table but the classifier's entry.

> change the routing table after it is already set. I tried to use
> "$classifier install $i [[$ns link node1 node($i)] head]" after I built the

Maybe you should try using [$link_($node1_id)($node($i)_id) head]. Where link_
is Simulator's link array.

And you could use add-route too.

Also, try dumping your classfier's content too ($classifier_ dump) and check if
what you've installed in the slot $i is what you think it is (you should get a
ref number for each slot, example:

(say we are dumping node n7's classifier)
dumping n7's class
classifier _o88
        0 offset
        8 shift
        127 mask
        7 slots
                slot 0: _o90
                slot 1: _o90
                slot 2: _o90
                slot 3: _o90
                slot 4: _o90
                slot 5: _o90
                slot 6: _o90

_o90 should be your link's head.
here n7 is connected to all the other nodes via the same link.

> source, but it seems the routing works the same way as before.
>
> Can someone please give me some ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks a
> lot.
>
> Huiwen

Hope i've helped, good luck Huiwen.

Tarik