NIST

Hi All

I would like to know some things about the NIST-atm-sim program. Please
help me.
1. In some application (connection) component file. I can see two seed
random number  "seed_on" and "seed_off" for two random table "on_state" and
"off_state". Why do we need two random streams ?. I think only one is
enough.
2. what is  the parameter   "cn_flash"  used for  ?
3.In a real ATM network (in reality), do the applications "vbrbach" and
"vbrcbatch" exist ? because these apps have constant rate, but  VBR
application class  has variable bit rate !
4. I see VBRCBATCH app supports many kinds of pakages. so how can I know
when a certain kind of package is used?
5. In VBR class has three kinds of app VBRPOISSON, VBRBATCH and VBRCBATCH.
Why VBRBATCH (files  batchconnection.[h,c]) and VBRCBATCH (files
cbatchconnection.[h,c]) use  formular M*log(1-X)  to generate the interval
between cells and VBRPOISSON (files  vbrconnection.[c,h]) doesn't. But I
think that only VBRPOISSON needs this formular because their arrivals is
poisson arrival.  VBRBATCH and VBRCBATCH needn't, because their rate is
constant.
[ M  is Mean number of cells generated, X is a random number  0<= X <=1 ]

Thanks you very much
Luan.