Re: classifier and routing

Huiwen,

> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Huiwen Li <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: classifier and routing
>
> Hello Tarik,
>
> I am sorry if I am bothering you again and again. The network of my
> company has some problem today, so I couldn't access my previous email
> account and the current mailing list, but I do have some urgent questions.
>
> When I used $classifier_ dump as you suggested, for setting the node as
> ManualRtNode(Actually using Classifier/Hash/Dest), it gave me the
> following information:
>
> classifier _o17
>         0 offset
>         0 shift
>         2147483647 mask
>         10 slots
>                 slot 0: _o42
>                 slot 1: _o99
>                 slot 2: _o156
>                 slot 3: _o213
>                 slot 4: _o270
>                 slot 5: _o327
>                 slot 6: _o384
>                 slot 7: _o441
>                 slot 8: _o498
>                 slot 9: _o555
>         9 default
>
> 10 slots are correct because I have 10 outgoing links, and the slot ref.
> numbers are indeed the link heads. What I am wondering is why the shift is
> 0, and the mask is such a large number. As I think, it should be 8 and 127
> respectively.
Yes it should, is this a dump from the adress classifier of the node? If not
maybe you diddn't set the parameters correctly, it goes like this:

$classifier_ set mask_ [AddrParams set NodeMask(1)]
$classifier_ set shift_ [AddrParams set PortShift(1)]

(see ns-node.tcl: Node instproc init)

> When I tried to use set classifier [new Classifier/Hash/Fid 40], it gave
> me:
>
> classifier _o17
>         0 offset
>         0 shift
>         2147483647 mask
>         34 slots
>                 slot 0: _o568
>                 slot 1: _o40
>                 slot 2: _o40
>                 slot 3: _o202
>                 slot 4: _o568
>                 slot 5: _o40
>                 slot 6: _o40
>                 slot 7: _o568
>                 slot 8: _o94
>                 slot 9: _o40
>                 slot 10: _o568
>                 slot 11: _o148
>                 slot 12: _o40
>                 slot 13: _o568
>                 slot 14: _o202
>                 slot 15: _o40
>                 slot 16: _o568
>                 slot 17: _o256
>                 slot 18: _o40
>                 slot 19: _o568
>                 slot 20: _o310
>                 slot 21: _o40
>                 slot 22: _o568
>                 slot 23: _o364
>                 slot 24: _o40
>                 slot 25: _o568
>                 slot 26: _o418
>                 slot 27: _o40
>                 slot 28: _o568
>                 slot 29: _o472
>                 slot 30: _o40
>                 slot 31: _o568
>                 slot 32: _o526
>                 slot 33: _o40
>         -1 default
>
> Where _o40 is the link head of the first link and _o94 is the headlink of
> the second link, but I don't understand why there comes so many slots?

What are the others?
You can't just change the classifier and replace it with a Hashfid classifier
(at least i don't think so). When the classifier is populated, the slot number
corresponds to the destination id.
You want your slot number to match a fid only,right? If that's so you should
use:

set slot [$classifier_ InstallNext $object]
$classifier_ set-hash "auto" $fid $slot

or something like that.

> I sincerely hope you could give me some advice. The simulation still
> couldn't work even with setting the classifier as Hash Classifier. The
> results are the same as before. I don't understand why. If you need my
> script, I could also send you later.

I can't guarantee i will be able to solve your problems, but i can give it a
look.

> Thank you very much,
> Huiwen

Tarik