RE: Addressing scheme changed after ns-2.1b5a?

Yes.  Buy in practice, you can have as many nodes as your memory
constraint allows.

Nader

>>> "Huiwen" == Huiwen Li <[email protected]> writes:

Huiwen> Does this mean we can now have more than 128 nodes in the
Huiwen> network now? We can have up to 2^31 nodes if we are using flat
Huiwen> addressing?

Huiwen> Thanks, Huiwen

>> -----Original Message----- From: Nader Salehi
>> [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 3:32 PM
>> To: Li, Huiwen [SC1:106:EXCH] Cc: '[email protected]'
>> Subject: Re: Addressing scheme changed after ns-2.1b5a?
>>

>> Yes they are correct.  In the new addressing scheme, we had to
>> disable shifting and masking for the flat addressing that's why
>> shift is 0 and mask is 0x7fffffff.  Not the most elegant solution,
>> but we have to live with it since we need the shift and mask
>> variables for hierarchical addressing.
>>
>> Nader

Huiwen> Hi, all, I was using ns-2.1b5a before October, now I am using
Huiwen> the daily snapshot.  When I dump the classifier, it gives me
Huiwen> shift=0, mask=2147483647. I have heard that addressing scheme
Huiwen> has been changed after ns-2.1b5. I am wondering what this
Huiwen> change is and where we could find out this change? Is this
Huiwen> shift and mask value correct?

Huiwen> I appreciate your help.

Huiwen> Huiwen