Re: A problem about installing ns-2.1b5

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:50:48 +0800, [email protected] wrote:
>	I have download the file ns-allinone-2.1b5a.tar.gz. And I want to install it on one sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 workstation.
>	Found this error while installing:
>
>Undefined symbol	first referrnced in file
>getrusage(int,rusage*);	mem-trace.h
>et_ns_lib				tclAppInit.o
>
>please tell me how to do. Thanks.

Your system doesn't appear to have getrusage.

You should either:

1. work around the problem by just commenting out the code that uses it
	(it's not a critical part of ns)

2. try the current snapshot which has new autoconf code which should
	autodetect if your system has getrusage or not

1 is probably easier for you, 2 is of somewhat more service to the ns
community (and for you, in the long run)... we'd like to make sure
future versions work fine on systems without getrusage.

   -John Heidemann