Re: A problem about installing ns-2.1b5

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, John Heidemann wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:50:48 +0800, [email protected] wrote:

> > I have download the file ns-allinone-2.1b5a.tar.gz. And I want
> > to install it on one sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 workstation.
> >	Found this error while installing:
> >
> >Undefined symbol	first referrnced in file
> >getrusage(int,rusage*);	mem-trace.h
> >et_ns_lib				tclAppInit.o
> >
> >please tell me how to do. Thanks.
>
> Your system doesn't appear to have getrusage.

Here, Solaris 2.5.1 appears to have getrusage. (try 'man
getrusage' on your Solaris box.)

When compiling a reasonably current snapshot with gcc, I see:

[blah blah scheduler.cc]
mem-trace.h: In method `void MemInfo::checkpoint()':
In file included from scheduler.cc:49:
mem-trace.h:67: warning: implicit declaration of function `int
getrusage(...)'
[blah blah object.cc etc.]

Lots of stuff on getrusage and Solaris in the list archives; at the
time I wanted ns to run on Solaris 2.4 and 2.5.1 machines, which meant
compiling on 2.4 to run on both.

L.