Re: Bug in ns2.1b6 !

Gwendal,

	i have tried your file with ns2.1b5 (i renamed it vlanglg.tcl). Here's
what i got:
missing close-brace
    while compiling
"LanNode instproc addNode {nodes bw delay {llType ""} {ifqType ""} \"
    (file "vlanglg.tcl" line 86)
    invoked from within
"source.orig vlanglg.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel source.orig $fileName"
    (procedure "source" line 12)
    invoked from within
"source vlanglg.tcl"
    (file "swtest42.tcl" line 1)

    	i have done a parenthesis match with vi wich obviously gets confused by
the { at the end of you commented line. It seems this happened with the tcl
interpreter too. i appended a } and it worked fine.

> From: "Gwendal Le Grand" <[email protected]>
> To: "NS Users" <[email protected]>
> Cc: "Gwendal Le Grand" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Bug in ns2.1b6 !
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:45:49 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> Previously, I sent emails describing a problem i had when modifying vlan.tcl
> in the daily snapshot.
> The problem is even more serious than what i expected since i realized that
> adding some well chosen commented lines in vlan.tcl could make the vlan
> tests fail !!!
>
> I simply commented a part (one line) of what i expected to add in vlan.tcl
> and this causes ns to fail when executing the vlan tests !
>
> I attached the original vlan.tcl to which i added 1 commented line (line
> 131).
>
> Obviously, when i intend to add uncommented modifications to vlan.tcl (that
> come with other modificaitons in the file), i have the same problem.
>
> Does anybody understand what happens ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gwendal

> Universite Pierre et Marie Curie 		tel : +33 (0) 1 44 27 75 12
> Laboratoire LIP6-CNRS,				fax: +33 (0) 1 44 27 74
95
> 8 Rue du Capitaine Scott			mailto:[email protected]
> 75015 Paris, France				http://www-rp.lip6.fr/~legrand

Tarik