Dynamic network

Dear all,

My question is very simple: Is it possible to create dynamic topologies in NS? For example, add and remove nodes and links as the simulation progress, possibly using the "$ns at" command or some other means.
I need to simulate an increasing amount of client population as time progress in a client-server scenario, but I don't want to statically create all the nodes and links at the beginning of the simulation due to scalability concerns in the computer running the simulation.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated,

Daniel Hernandez