Re: Classless Inter-domain Routing

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Cheng Tak Cheung (CE) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I'm going to classless inter-domain routing protocol (CIDR) in ns.
> In CIDR, IP prefixes are represented by an address and a prefix length.
> However, there's no such addressing format in ns. The most likely thing is
> the hierarchical addressing format but it still lacks the prefix
> length.
> 	Could anyone give me some suggestions? I should develop new
> Node and Address class or I have missed something?

Maybe you could add the prefix length as an instance variable of class
HierNode (having a hier address).
class Address defines the global address space and not the individual node
addresses and hence doesn't seem to help in this case.

--Padma.

> 	Thank you!
>
> Cheng Tak Cheung

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar