Re: problem!!

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Kasbe Sujit Shravan wrote:

> Dear all,
>          can anyone please let me know the practical use of simplex link.
> as most of the links are duplex.

investigating asymmetrical networks, routing and traffic. If you're
trying to simulate the kind of things the IETF UDLR workgroup is
interested in or trying to simulate e.g. cable modem scenarios, you
need asymmetrical links.

Personally, I just don't see the point of duplex links - you just need
to put two identical simplex links together.

L.

thinks that presuming duplex is often assuming too much, and leads to
problems in itself.