From: Fabienne LEFEVRE <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 1:14 AM
Subject: How to count the number of packets received with TCP?

>Dear all,
>
>I would like to get the number of packets or bytes received by a
>TCPSink. I didn't find any method or variable that could handle that. In
>Agent/LossMonitor, one can access a variable called bytes_. Is there an
>equivalent variable for TCPSink?
>
>Thank you for your help
>
>Fabienne
>--
>Fabienne LEFEVRE            Motorola Research Center
>
>tel: 33+ (0)1 69 35 48 17
>fax: 33+ (0)1 69 35 25 01
>e-mail: [email protected]

For TCP streams, I have found that using the ndatabytes_ variable of
the Agent/TCP connection object is the simplest way to look at
throughput.  Unlike the Agent/LossMonitor class, the Agent/TCPSink
doesn't seem to keep state on the number of bytes delivered.

Hope that helps,

Tom Pavel

[email protected]