question about flowmon

I apologize if this is an old question, but I couldn't find an answer from
the mailing list archive. I want to monitor a specific flow, say flow 10,
there are two suggested ways: 1. call trace-all and post process the trace
file to get flow 10's behavior. 2. attach a flowmonitor on one of the
links that flow 10 pass through.

The problem is, the first method consumes too much disk space, while the
second method consumes too much memory because it will record every flow
that passed throught that link.

Has anyone done similar things before? I mean monitoring a single flow. Do
I need to write up another piece of code to do that? Appreciated for any
advice.

Guo, Liang.