Re: question about flowmon

> It's not as elegant as a per-flow monitor controlled from Tcl; if I
> had to monitor a specific flow I'd probably just cheat by putting a
> test of f->flowid() in FlowMon::dumpflows before dumpflow is called,

Yes, I tried this trick, but the problem is about the memory, not the disk
space. Since the flow monitor will take care of each flow that passed
through it, so the slot table of the classifier of this flow monitor will
keep growing as new flow comes in. In the case that there are a lot of
small flows (hundreds of thousands), the slot table will be really huge.

> although that's hardly optimal and you do have to run some simulation
> first to figure out which flowid you want. See ns_doc 18.7 (or 19.7,
> if someone will update the pre-generated ns_doc.)
>
> hth,
>
> L.

Thanks anyway, maybe I should try the "pipe post-processing" trick or try
the method suggested by Huiwen.

Guo, Liang.