problem with colors in nam

Hi, nam developers

When I set the color of a flowId higher than 255 (example:
$ns color 1000 blue) it doesn't work. I have been browsing
nam/netmodel.cc and it seems to be OK, that is, if the
flowId is larger than the current size of paint_[],
it enlarges the paint_ array and assigns the new color.
But something must be going wrong, because packets with
fid == 1000 are not displayed with the correct colour.
Sometimes they default to black, other times a strange
color is used ... if I use a lower fid (e.g. $ns color
200 blue) everything is OK. I need this to differentiate
cached packets in a large-scale topology (about 1000 nodes)
where each client has a different fid setting. Someone
knows how can I fix nam?

(version: nam1.07)

Regards,
G.