Re: ping.cc

Ivan,

> I have to write again about the ping in Marc Greis tutorial.
>
> > >Thanks for pointing out the bug in tutorial. the example and the
> > >tutorial chapter has been revised.
>
> Today I have downloaded the latest version of ns-2
> (ns-allinone-2.1b5a.tar.gz) from
> http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/vint/ and have installed it again on
> Solaris 7. The installation and validation was without problems (validate
> overall report: all tests passed).
> Then I added the ping functionality by the tutorial on
> http://titan.cs.uni-bonn.de/~greis/ns/.
>
> The ping protocol is working. With the change of hdrip->src_  to
> hdrip->src_.addr_ the compilation goes to error.

The way that ns stores addresses has been updated in the newer ns
snapshots - in the new addressing scheme, there is a structure that
contains an (IP) addr and a port number; in the old addressing (ns2.1b5a)
scheme addr and port information were stored in a single int.

The tutorial linked to from the ns website has been updated to be
consistent with the new addressing scheme.

Sean.

-----
Sean Murphy,			Email: [email protected]
Teltec Ireland,			Phone: +353-1-7045080