Please let me know what multicasts protocols are supported by NS

I have to do a project(simulation ) using NAM and NS for multicasts
protocols.
I am using ns version 2 . Could someone please let me knwo the protocols
supported by ns.
Is anyone experiencing any problems with NS as far as installation is
considered. What is the right procedure for installing NS on a PC. Ns
works on some stand alone PC's but does not work on most other PCs herein
the USC labs.
Could someone please tell me how to install NS and NAM.

Thank You
Pranay Sadarangani.