Schedulers

Hi all,

I am doing several simulations for moderately large
topologies (about 1000 nodes). Each of these nodes
holds a client which produces about 10 requests per
second. These requests travel to the server where
they are serviced, and a 'response' packet is
sent back for each request. The simulation runs
for about one minute (simulation time). This means
that a lot of packets are generated. Currently,
each simulation lasts for about 6-7 hours (real
time). I would like to reduce this time.

I am using hierarchical routing but I cannot use
SessionSim due to subtle details.

Should I use a scheduler different than the
'standard' one? Which are the differences between
the list, heap and calendar schedulers?

Thanks in advance,
G.
--