What is a VatRcvr ?

Hello all,
	This is regarding  the example  provided with the allinone
	package  , test-rcvr.tcl .

	I understand that there are two rcvr types ,one which plays
	the real time audio with fixed playout dly and the other which
	plays with adaptive playout delay. In this context I've the
	follo. questions :

	1.What is a VatRcvr ?Is it the one which has adaptive playout
	dly  ?

	2.What is the algo used for computing playout dly at the rcvr. ?

	3. I guess this algo tries to compress/expand the silence periods
	in the talkspurts . If this be the case , how do we extend the
	algo for the video data which is continuous ?

	4.Can someone suggest me some references on the above ?
	The above topic relates to my project .

Tks
Shekhar