theoretical TCP throughput for model validation

Dear all,

I just simulated a simple TCP scenario (two nodes linked together with a
TCP transport protocol). My aim was to get the throughput on the link in
order to check the way the protocol reacts on a lossy link. By the way,
thanks to those who gave my pieces of advises on the way to get
throughput implemented. I am now wondering how I can validate my
results, i.e. to check if the results are close to the theoretical
results of the TCP throughput. However I can not manage to fing neither
on the web nore on the books I have, a formula for theoretical
throughput.
If someone could give me a clue on where I can find such a thing, or at
least on the way you managed to validate your simulation results.
Thanks a lot

Fabienne LEFEVRE