Re: Question on Queue class

> However, I do not understand according to what a virtual queue can deque
> a packet, as
> the target of the virtual queue is the FQ queue.

Please take a look in the method Packet* FQ::deque() (fq.cc). When the
FQ selects a packet from a virtual queue, it calls the handler of the
corresponding virtual queue, which in turn invokes method Queue::deque()
of this queue.

> My corrolary question is, if the virtual queues deque packets faster
> than the FQ queue,
> the FQ queue must bufferized packet. Therefore the number of packets in
> the system is
> higher than (Queue set limit_)*(number of flowid).

This cannot happen since the virtual queue can only send a packet to FQ
if its Head-of-Line hol_=0.

Cheers

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]