packet delay not equal to link delay .

Hello all,
	I've created a agent of my own ( say myrtp ).
	I'm sending 'myrtp' packets over a link which has some delay.
	I'm keeping the time at which the pkt is sent in the packet,
	and at the receiver I'm printing the delay encountered by the pkt.

	i.e. delay = current time - time at which the pkt is send.

	I'm using gettimeofday to obtain the times.

	I was expecting the delay to be more or less equal to the link
	delay. But it's nowhere near to that.Further for diff. pkts this
	delay is diff with large deviation.

        There are no queues formed.

	Can somebody justify this ?
tks