[ns-users] Auto-creation of file traces

I have a large number of sources for which I'd like to create
traces and trace files. Could anyone advise on the following code?

for {set node 0} {$node < 5} {incr node} {
    set tf$node [open out$node.tr w]

    set tracer$node [ $ns create-trace Recv tf$node tcp$node sink$node ]

    $tracer$node target [$tcp$node target]
    tcp$node target $tracer$node
}

There is a problem with syntax, as the interpreter complains about
not being able to open tf(0). I've tried several variants with brackets
and '$' in different positions, but the correct syntax eludes me.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks,
rik wade