Re: installing ns without root access

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 11:32:00 PST, "Kun-chan Lan" wrote:
>>When I try to install tcl, it attempts to write executables to
>>directories requiring root access.  Since I don't have it, how do
>>I install tcl somewhere in my root directory.
>I don't think  it's required for you to install tcl in the root directory if
>it's only for your personal use .

You can control where ns components are installed by providing a
--prefix=/your/directory argument to configure.

But it's not really necessary to install otcl and tclcl...
ns can use them out of the source directories.
(Although you may have to tell ns where they are with the
--with-otcl=/path/to/otcl arguments to configure).

   -John Heidemann