Re: Question about DV routing and link cost?

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, K Sun wrote:

>     I would like to see DV routing dynamically alters routes between
> deferent pairs of nodes. In my case, I would not like to
> disable any links. I hope DV rouing can re-compute the routes between
> each pair of nodes after I change the costs of links. It seems there is
> no expected effect appearing. The original routes have been kept.

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9804/0053.html

Kannan says:

  Currently, there is no mechanism to dynamically assign costs to the
  links. When a node initialises its routing, it uses the cost of the
  link as the metric.

and you should find the rest of that thread very informative.

L.

I would like to see DV routing not go the way of PIM-SM and snoop.