Re: help on interface labels

Hello,

Just a quick note to say that I discovered how to do this.

After a lot of looking, I found a routine in the
ns-2.1b6-current/tcl/mcast file  called

from-node-iface { node }

that did what I needed.

Julio

----

Julio Cesar Navas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to port my NS code from version 2.1b4 to the current
> snapshot.   However, it seems that the way that interface labels are
> handled has changed.
>
> It used to be that when NS performed an "add-route" on a node, it would
> give it a dst and a target.   If  multicast was turned on, then the
> target variable would point to a "networkinterface" object.   From this
> networkinterface object, I could then obtain the link interface's label.
>
> Now, it seems that the networkinterface object no longer exists.  The
> target variable only points to Connector objects or to Classifier/Port
> objects.
>
> How do I obtain the interface label in the latest snapshot version?
> I've been reading the new version of the manual, but I haven't found it
> yet.
>
> Julio
begin:vcard
n:Navas;Julio Cesar
tel;fax:510 665 1331
tel;work:510 665 1341
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.ttb.siemens.com
org:Siemens TTB Center, LLC.
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Innovator
adr;quoted-printable:;;1995 University Ave.=0D=0ASuite 375;Berkeley;CA;94704;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Julio Cesar Navas
end:vcard