half-duplex link

Title: half-duplex link

Dear ns users,

I need to implement a half-duplex link, which can have only one end transmitting data at one time. If both ends are transmitting data at the same time, then collision happens and one end must retrieve and transmit the data later at a random time. This seems like LAN implementation but the difference is: LAN is shared media, while half-duplex link is just a link with data going on both directions at different time, and the two nodes don't share everything they have.

As I looked into the ns files, I haven't found implementation about this. Has any one had any experience with this half-duplex link? Or has any idea of how to implement this? Thanks a lot.

Huiwen