xgraph-12.1 is released

xgraph-12.1 as been released.  Instructions for getting and building
xgraph are at <http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/xgraph>. The previous
release is 12.0 (from NCSA).

WHAT'S XGRAPH?
--------------

Welcome to the VINT release of xgraph.
Xgraph is an X-Windows application that includes:

  - interactive plotting and graphing, by David Harrison of UC Berkeley
  - animation and deritives, added by Paul Walker of NCSA
  - portability and bug fixes, by the VINT project

WHAT'S NEW IN 12.1?
-------------------

Release 12.1 is the first release by the VINT project.
(Thanks to Paul Walker and NCSA for letting us take over maintenence.)
This release includes several bug and portability fixes
and now uses GNU configure instead of imake.

If you already have a working xgraph, there's little need to upgrade.
If you had trouble getting xgraph to build, this version should be
easier to build.

OTHER XGRAPH INFORMATION
------------------------

Xgraph web page:
<http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/xgraph>

See the file "INSTALL" for installation instructions.

Help about building xgraph and late breaking patches:
<http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-problems.html#xgraph>
AFTER checking the above patches web page, the ns-users mailing list
is appropriate for questions.  Information about the mailing list
is at <http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-lists.html>.

We do not plan major feature enhancements to xgraph, but we do plan to
incorporate portability fixes.  At this time we believe xgraph builds
on Linux (RedHat 6.1), FreeBSD (3.x), and Solaris (2.5, 7).  Positive
and negative information about other platforms is welcome.

Thanks to Christian J�nsson for solaris and cygwin porting help.