Re: Delay time

Hi George!

I am not quite familiar with calculation of end-to-end delay but here
follow some ideas that might help you:
if you really do not want to use the trace file you could:

	- add a new packet header to your packets containing their creation
time or find a ns function that can give it (no one comes to my mind at
the moment)
	- add a new functionnality to the recv() procedure calculating the
difference between the present time and the creation time and record it
to a trace file

But perhaps it is easier to get all this information by processing your
current trace file without adding all these functions. There is an
e-mail in the archives that deals with that:
Re:about packet delays written by L.Wood in July 99. You can check it on
the web site.

Hope it helps

Fabienne LEFEVRE

Fabienne LEFEVRE