Re: vlan.tcl delay - bug?

Here are my understand:

1.

LL is a child of DelayLink which is a child of link.
In a point to point connection (not lan), the delay_ of link, I think, is
the propagation delay (the time it take for a bit of information from
transmitter to receiver) and there is no channel in such topology.

2.

when I create a lan using make-lan

  set lan [$ns make-lan $nodelist $bw $delay LL Queue/DropTail Mac]

I am thinking that the $delay is the delay is the propagation
(channel) delay between a transmitting and a receiving node.  I.e. it
should be the delay_ of a channel.

In channel.cc, delay_  actually means propagation dealy and is used for
collison calculation.

double
Channel::get_pdelay(Node* /*tnode*/, Node* /*rnode*/)
{
	// Dummy function
	return delay_;
}

By assigning the $delay to the delay_ of LL, this delay means the amount
of time the packet stay in a node before being send to it's downtarget_
which is the queue.  This is reflected in ll.cc

from ll.cc

void LL::sendDown(Packet* p)
{
	if (tx == 0) {
		Scheduler& s = Scheduler::instance();
		s.schedule(downtarget_, p, delay_);
	}
}

My conclusion is that the $delay argument in make-lan

  set lan [$ns make-lan $nodelist $bw $delay LL Queue/DropTail Mac]

means the inbound processing delay (the amount of time to stay in the node
before being queue for transmission), and is not related to propagation
dealy.

Please comment.

Thanks.

-- Wing-Chung