ns-allinone-2.1b5 installation problem on solaris 7

Hi all,

I have the 1st installation problem reported in the bug fixes page with
the ns-allinone-2.1b5, while truing to install it under solaris 7:
"Problem: When installing ns-allinone or ns, I get an error message that
includes
     configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling"

I relaize this is an error in tcl (probably in my gcc) but since I
installed the gcc-2.95.1 from the sunfreeware.com site (package), I
guess that other people had exactly the same problem with me and I
wanted to ask what they did to fix it:
1)run gcc in non cross compile mode. In this case ns is installed but
nam doesn't work (at least in my system).
2)install another gcc version (maybe the 2.95.2)?
3)use another ns-allinone version (maybe the 2.1b4)?

Thanks a lot,

Konstantinos Psounis