LossMonitor and multicast

I'm trying to use an Agent/LossMonitor subclass to monitor losses at a
node that is subscribed to any number of multicast groups. The problem is,
it reports losses (by invoking the log-loss method) when the total
bandwidth of all subscribed groups is well below the link capacity. (There
is no other network traffic) My only thought is the presence of the
multiple groups (and hence group addresses) is confusing the LossMonitor
(it might be comparing sequence numbers from different streams) into
thinking there are losses when there are not. Does anyone know of a way to
have a lossMonitor that is intelligent about multiple streams? I would
think Agent/LossMonitor would do this, because it doesn't seem to useful
otherwise, but I must be missing something. Any help is greatly
appreciated. (I'm using ns 2.1b5)

Thanks,
Alex