NS installation and configuration question

Title: NS installation and configuration question

Hi, all,

I just noticed this problem although I have installed ns for several months. In my machine, there is an old version of Tcl and Tk, which is version7.4. At that time I installed the allinone package. So I didn't do much configuration. I found although install script was configured to use the right version under /ns-allinone-2.1b5, under the ns-2.1b5 directory, configure file was using the older version, because prefix is detected to be /usr/local/bin which includes the older version. I am wondering which one is ns exactly using? Should I recompile ns separately by configure it with ./configure --with-tcl=.....? Or should I define some path in my .cshrc file? When I type "which tclsh" it showed me both these versions with the newer one first, but when I type "info tclversion" it showed me 8.0. I am really confused.

How to explain the Makefile for ns-2.1b5 then? It is as follows: