Re: bug report - TCPSink/*, packetSize_, headers and recvBytes()

Lloyd -

>One-way TCPSinks consider packetSize_ (confusingly defined as
>size_ rather than packetSize_ in C++, alas) to be the segment size as
>well, without taking header overhead into account at any point after
>receiving a packet and before passing received segment data from the
>window up to recvBytes() for an application to take.

Yep, you are right, that is what one-way TCP does, and it is
certainly not what one would like.  (I will spare you the historical
reasons why it all evolved that way...)  Unfortunately, I don't
have the cycles right now to take it on and change it, but possibly
someone else will volunteer.  Otherwise it will have to wait until
I get to it...

- Sally
http://www.aciri.org/floyd/

>I'm blaming this all on calling it size_, you know.

Yes, doing something cheap, quick and easy the first time around,
as is generally my own inclination, often manages to come back to
haunt...