Re: Memory problems with ns

Hi  H P,
   It seems that you have made some progress.
    I do not know your simulation configuration. As I know the
default length of IFQ is 50 packets. If you have not change it,
you can change it to a larger value and be sure that your traffic
source sends the packets slower than the MAC  layer does.

Best regards.
Liqun

Tan H P wrote:

Hi all, I am trying to run a wireless-cum-wired simulation with TCP traffic. I tried to do a fragmentation at the link layer, and I found that as more and more packets are generated, some packets are lost in the IFQ. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a memory limitation of ns? I did the fragmentation as follows : Many copies of each LL frame is generated and sent down to MAC. At the receiving MAC, these packets are collected to form a frame, and then sent to the Link Layer. Thanks for any reply.

RegardsHP Tan