rtProtoLS: meaning of 'iterator'

Hello from Portugal.

I'm studing the code of your implementation rtProtoLS and, due to my
inexperience in analising C++ code, I couldn't yet understand the role of
the class (???) iterator.

I've looked for this class (???) throught the files, and in the definition
of the class LsList in ls.h I found some commented code that I suspect to
be the result of the rtProtoLS development phase. Was this result of some
idea of development that you didn't followed? Or I am understanding
everything wrong...

The word iterator seams to be vastely used in the code, for example in the
definition of methods such as LsPaths::insertNextHopList, and I am totaly
clueless about the meaning of it :(((

Anyway I would very much appreciate that you, or anyone in the list with a
better understanding of this issue than myself, could give me some
answer.

Obrigado e um abraco para todos.

Pedro Matias

Laboratorio de Comunicacoes e Telematica
Departamento de Engenharia Informatica
Universidade de Coimbra - PORTUGAL

http://lct.dei.uc.pt