Re: ErrorModel rate_???

Thanks Lloyd,

I changed it to byte and convert the bit error rate to
byte error rate . but i still have the same problem.
I think neither c++ nor TCL is sensitive to real numbers
after 6 digits.

How can I increase it?

I will show my simulation results:

Bit error rate = 0
Byte error rate = 0.0
Throughput for TCP connection = 7891200.0 Mbps

Bit error rate = 1e-6
Byte error rate = 7.999972000294342e-06
Throughput for TCP connection = 7815360.0 Mbps

Bit error rate = 1e-7
Byte error rate = 7.9999971958066851e-07
Throughput for TCP connection = 7891200.0 Mbps

Simulation time 50sec.

I have some dropped packets if BER is 10^-06
but if I increase it, no packet is dropped.
I want to see the effect of BER=10^-08
in my simulation though.

Thanks,

Fusun Inanc